Capture Screenshot in Tizen
The following article provides guidelines how to take a screenshot on a device with Tizen version 2.x or 3.
Capture Screen in Tizen 2
Please follow the guidelines below to make a screenshot on devices with Tizen 2.2.1 and Tizen 2.3:
- Enable developer mode on the Tizen device.
- Log on to the device using Smart Debug Bridge (sdb):
- Take a screen shot on the device:
xwd -root -out /tmp/screen.xwd
- Exit SDB shell:
- Copy the screenshot to your personal computer using SDB:
sdb pull /tmp/screen.xwd
Capture Screen in Tizen 2.3 (Samsung Z1)
Press SamsungZ1's "Power" and "Home" button at the same time for a second , files will land into the Gallery app Or you can fetch them using :
~/tizen-sdk/tools/sdb pull ./opt/usr/media/Images/Screenshots
Capture Screen in Tizen 3
- Take a screenshot using the keyboard shortcut: WIN+S
- Log on to the device using ssh (or SDB if is running on the Tizen device)
- Retrieve the PID of Weston:
ps -ax | grep weston
- Replace PID in the following path to locate the screenshot: /proc/PID/cwd/wayland-screenshot.png
- Copy the screenshot to your personal computer using secure copy over SSH (scp) or SDB pull (if SDB is running on the Tizen device).
Empty screenshot on Freescale i.MX6
If wayland-screenshot.png is generated but it remains empty on a device with Freescale i.MX6 SoC then edit /lib/systemd/system/display-manager-run.service and remove –use-gl=0 –use-gal2d=1 to start Weston without gal2d compositor. Have a look at Freescale documentation for details regarding Weston.
The article is based on the following resources: