FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Developers’ European Meeting) is the biggest annual Event in Europe about free and open-source software.
FOSDEM, is one of the most important Free and Open Source Software event in Europe.
- 1 2020
- 2 2019
- 3 2018
- 4 2017
- 5 2016
- 6 2015
- 7 2014
- 8 2013
- 9 2012
2018 FOSDEM Event : 3 & 4 February 2017
2017 FOSDEM Event : 4 & 5 February 2017
Ideas welcome, to be discussed during online Community's Meeting
A F2F "connected things" or just "embedded" community dinner has been proposed please check this page about registration etc
For the 5th year in a row, the Tizen community met again at FOSDEM.
We're coming from world wide (S.Korea, UK, Poland, Bulgaria, France...) to meet you on 31 Jan & 1 Feb at ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels, Belgium
What you can expect from Tizen Community, this year :
- Meet and listen to Tizen developers from worldwide
- Look at demos at EFL/Tizen booth (K building, Qt and Gnome should not be far from us).
- Eat at Tizen Community's dinner
- Learn and discover about Free Libre and Open Source software.
Note for latest news about Tizen at FOSDEM, please refer to wiki : https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/FOSDEM
The list of accepted talks accepted is not yet fully published, but to tease you here is a list of talks to be presented.
- The Enlightenment of Wayland
- The story of Enlightenment, EFL, Tizen & Wayland
- How to support Tizen on your connected devices using Yocto project
- Eolian: automatic EFL binding generation and more
Also don't miss presentation of Tizen Core components :
- Make your own USB device without pain and money!
- Turn your Linux board into a custom USB device.
- Synchronised multi-device media playback with GStreamer
- Systemd and Where We Want to Take the Basic Linux Userspace in 2016
- Security and privacy in your embedded systems
- Strong isolation of applications using Smack and Cynara
Note that Tizen is clearly focused on IoT , expect many interesting talk in IoT room but not only since those things are everywhere now :
- IoT meets Security
- Introduction to IoT.js
- Accessing Web Services from IoT Devices
- Track: IoT devroom
- Yocto and IoT - a retrospective
- Security in IoT; more a cultural chock than a technical challenge
Or relative projects :
- Writing secure HTML5 applications for automotive systems
- Secure architecture for HTML5 applications, from development to production
- Security and privacy in your embedded systemsStrong isolation of applications using Smack and Cynara
- Leveraging Docker in Automotive projects based on AGL/GENIVI
- Lessons learnt while building AGL binary images in a cloud environment with containers
Let me share other tracks :
- What's new in VLC and libVLC?
- Where is LLVM being used today?
- AsteroidOS: architecture of a FOSS smartwatch platform
- Qt5, OpenEmbedded, libhybris, BlueZ5...
Now you have only a week to make your own selection from this list :
See you there.
|Demo||Tizen version||Build System||Device||Developer|
|DIY Tizen laptop||Tizen 3.0||Yocto/OE||HummingBoard/RPi2 and Motorola lapdock||Leon Anavi|
|DIY Tizen tablet||Tizen 3.0||Yocto/OE||RaspberryPi 2 and its official 7" display||Leon Anavi|
|Bluetooth demo with a smartphone||Tizen 3.0||Yocto/OE||HummingBoard/RPi2||Leon Anavi|
|HTML5 applications||Tizen 3.0||Yocto/OE||HummingBoard||Leon Anavi|
|TizenFan IoT||Tizen 3.0 + 2.4||Yocto/OE + OBS||https://vimeo.com/153263103#connected-tizen-20160131rzr TM1 ReferenceDevice||User:Pcoval|
|Vasum (will be shown)||Tizen 3.0||GBS||TBD||Dariusz Michaluk (will not attend)|
|Tizen Image Testing System||Tizen 3.0||GBS||Odroid, MinnowBoard, ...||Paweł Wieczorek|
|USB||Tizen 3.0||GBS||Odroid, notebook||Krzysztof Opasiak|
|Ask User (Cynara)||Tizen 3.0||GBS||Odroid or emulator https://vimeo.com/153672776#Cynara-tizen-fosdem-2016||Aleksander Zdyb|
|Products||Tizen 2.x||OBS?||SamsungZ1, Camera, G2||User:Pcoval|
Also if can't attend or you want us to show some videos, on Tizen/EFL booth, please add link to your videos on wiki, your input is valuable to Community.
- Please add links here of what can be played on our "Tizen DIY TV"
- or use organization pad : https://lite6.framapad.org/p/tizen
- Ie :
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEYrwipFKOg#Tizen:Common on HummingBoard
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGoL-uDrrxQ#Tizen DIY laptop with Motorola lapdock and Olimex A20-OLinuXino-MICRO open source hardware board with Allwinner A20 SoC
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMQmf4hype4#Tizen 2.0 on Olimex A10S-OLinuXino-MICRO open source hardware board with Allwinner A10S SoC
EFL/Tizen community dinner is scheduled for Saturday, 30 January 2016.
Please register on this form :
20 have registered, so we have ~10 places left.
If needed I will provide more practical details in real time at :
If you need some more info or assistance please contact expected attendees.
Latest update : No major changes --Pcoval (talk) 15:14, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
Where and When?
The place is confirmed but we plan to go to the same one as in 2015
The meeting point is starting at 19:30 at "Le P'tit Belge" restaurant at rue de la paix
(Warning some map system there are other "Petit belge" places)
We can meet at FOSDEM's main entrace at 18h30 (inside between the doors and the books shop) and then at 18h45 leave by Bus 71.
To: 7 rue de la paix (Vredestraat) 1050 Brussels Belgium
From ULB take bus 71 , stop at "Saint Boniface" station , then walk 600m to the "7 rue de la paix" .
Notes and up date news
Let me suggest to take cash with you, because I noticed that lot of Belgium restaurants refuse to accept separates card payments (I suspect they want to avoid extra commissions from foreign cards ?)
Note the place can only host 70 persons and 30 are reserved so far, so if everyone can not fit in, community will have to divide into other smaller self managed groups. After all this is up to community to decide :-)
Minutes of Meetings (MoM)
MoM from the community meetings regarding the preparation of Tizen demos.
- Demos are in the wiki (see above)
- We will play videos with gstreamer
- RzR will check if Ash from TizenExperts is willing to join.
- BenLloyd will check if we can get some marketing goodies
- RzR and Leon will make a spreadsheet for the community dinner on Saturday, 30 Jan 2016
- Next community meeting: 5 January 2016, 4PM GMT at IRC, channel #tizen-dev
- A couple of new demos proposals and accepted talks are listed at https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/FOSDEM
- Invitation for FOSDEM event to be posted at various places by User:Pcoval
- Registration for Saturday's dinner is open to all on wiki (place not yet confirmed)
- Do you have any Tizen developers' demo videos to share and show on our "DIY Tizen TV/Video player" ?
- Help is welcome from developers to improve Tizen support (raise or highlight bugs)
- A role is still open to show new Tizen products (Devices not ReferenceDevices)
- Stickers will be available thx BenLloyd + SRUK
- Next community meeting: 19 January 2016 4PM GMT in IRC, channel #tizen-dev
- Logistic planning
- Logistic planning
Next Community Meeting: 09 February 2016 4PM UTC in IRC, channel #tizen
Expected attendees :
- User:Kopasiak Krzysztof Opasiak
- Dariusz Michaluk
Organisation Notes :
- TizenExperts can not confirm he will attend --Pcoval (talk) 11:18, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
- http://www.restaurant-petit-belge.be/reservation/ --Pcoval (talk) 16:24, 3 January 2016 (UTC)
- Spreadsheet will reuse http://www.tizenexperts.com/2015/01/developer-tizen-community-meeting-fosdem-2015/ --Pcoval (talk) 18:29, 3 January 2016 (UTC)
- Contact: User:RzR
And or course core technologies used by Tizen project :
- https://fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/reinventing_the_enlightenment_object_system/ by Tom Hacohen SRUK
- https://fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/intel_gf /
- https://archive.fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/application_gui_design/ by Tom Hacohen SRUK
Tizen Community Meeting
- Community meeting on Sat 2015-01-31 , please register :
FOSDEM 2014 was held on 1 and 2 February at Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB Brussels). An improvised small community meeting of people interested in Tizen was organized during the Friday beer event on 31 January at Delirium Café.
The following talks have been related to Tizen in one way or another.
- Contributing to the Tizen Project, Phil Coval : User:Pcoval slidesvideo
- Tizen IVI “from scratch”: customizing, building and testing, Stéphane Desneux slidesvideo
- Tizen 3 Application Framework: A multi User App Framework for IVI, Dominig ar Foll slides
- Porting legacy X11/GL applications to Wayland, Manuel Bachmann slides video
- Managing the Car Cloud connection, Daniel Wagner slides
- Enlightenment as Standalone Wayland Compositor, Stefan Schmidt, Chris Michael slides
- ARM: Allwinner sunxi SoC's and the community behind it, Olliver Schinagl slides video
- How to Build a Tizen Device at Home?, Leon Anavi slides video
- Do It Yourself OSHW Linux Computer, Tsvetan Usunov video
- Security model using Smack for embedded systems, José Bollo slides
- E17 slides FOSDEM 2013
- https://archive.fosdem.org/2013/schedule/event/clouseau/ (by Tom Hacohen SRUK)
- https://archive.fosdem.org/2013/schedule/event/gbp/# (by Markus Lehtonen)