Flash Tizen 2.3 Image to Reference Device
- Tizen 2.2.1 or later version loaded RD-PQ
- lthor (flashing tool for Linux)
- See Installation section on https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/flash-device
To use tizen 2.3-mobile platform on RD-PQ(a.k.a M0/TRATS2), you'll need to do below sequences.
Please note you'll need the steps only one time when you want to go such platform version.
- * Caution: Your device will be cleared after you followed below guide
Bootloader Upgrade(Required only one time)
- Before you upgrade your device into tizen2.3, please ensure your device is tizen 2.2.1 version.
- * If your device is not tizen 2.2.1, please upgrade your device into tizen 2.2.1 before upgrading tizen 2.3
- Download a bootloader which is required only for upgrading your bootloader into new one
- Enter the download mode of your device with PowerKey+VolDown.
- Fuse the "migrate_2.3_bootloader.tar.gz" using Thor(Windows) or lthor(Linux)
sudo lthor migrate_2.3_bootloader.tar.gz
- Wait until your phone goes to download mode again
- * Do not turn off the phone and do not remove the battery during this stage
- Download following System and Platform images (with enabled WiFi):
- Boot image: http://download.tizen.org/releases/2.3/2.3-mobile/tizen-2.3-mobile_20150311.3/images/target/mobile_boot/tizen-2.3-mobile_20150311.3_mobile_boot.tar.gz
- Platform image: http://download.tizen.org/releases/2.3/2.3-mobile/tizen-2.3-mobile_20150311.3/images/target/mobile_target/tizen-2.3-mobile_20150311.3_mobile_target.tar.gz
- Flashing the boot image and the platform Image (unplug, poweron+VolDown, plug in USB : UBoot Mode)
sudo lthor tizen-2.3-mobile_20150311.3_mobile_boot.tar.gz tizen-2.3-mobile_20150311.3_mobile_target.tar.gz
Post Flash Guide
The device will be automatically rebooted after successful installation. Please note that Tizen 2.3 does not contain the hardware acceleration binaries so they must be downloaded and installed manually.
Mali DDK for Tizen 2.3 is available HERE.
Note: Mali DDK in official guide is not compatible with Tizen 2.2.
If you are unable to connect lthor to the device on Ubuntu (12.10 or 13.04) please follow the instructions to solve the issue.
- enlightenment has closed unexpectedly
This error message may occur on start-up if Mali DDK binaries for Tizen 2.0 Magnolia have been installed on Tizen 2.3. To platform image has to be flashed again to fix the issue.
- Cannot write file to the target/emulator file system
If you want to write some files to target or emulator file system, run sdb with "root on" parameter.
Target : sdb -d root on
Emulator : sdb -e root on
- A mistake was made while downloading image
Connect the USB cable to the device when this error message is displayed. The device will get into download mode.
- Troubleshooting lthor on Ubuntu
- Tizen 2.3 Release Notes
- Flash an Image to Device
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iynIO40QBA# Tizen 2.3 on RD-PQ
- ReferenceDevices RDPQ