IVI/IVI 20120713 Release Notes
From Tizen Wiki
What's new (vs. the previous preview)
- Kernel updated from 3.0.8 to 3.4.4.
- Wayland updated from 0.85 to 0.94.
- EMGD driver updated to match kernel and Wayland.
- Pulse Audio updated from 0.91 to 2.0.
- New Audio Policy framework and audio manager.
- Integration of upstream Webkit-EFL.
- Systemic update of systemd and all services dependent upon it.
- New support for SandyBridge processors.
- Nexcom VMC1000/VTC1000
- Crossville LAPIS
- Keyboard and mouse failed to work, with 50% or higher reproducibility with USB disk image.
- Failed to boot to UI on USB disk, with 20%-50% reproducibility.
- Many GUI apps are not shown in the center of screen(like dialer).
- Dialer could be launched but panel does not work, unable to add BT phone and input phone number.
- VMC1000M/VTC1000 touchscreen X/Y inverted, touch does not work on Crossville and Pinetrail.
- Keyboard and mouse don't work on X image.
- Systemd failed to launch bluetoothd, with reproducibility 20%-50%.
- Video player and Navit are not included in the repo.
- Gstreamer wayland video sink is not implemented.
- Some VTC1000 systems have very weak Bluetooth signals because the “aux” antenna on the BT card was not connected to the external antenna on the VTC1000 chassis.
- Need to add *emgd.configid=1* in kernel line when boot wayland system on Crossville or *emgd.configid=2* on Crownbay. You can press *Tab* to get to the kernel line. By default, the emgd display configuration is set for the NexCom VMC1000/VTC1000 display.
- WIFI and Bluetooth are disabled by default, as the default network configuration, and system setting application (including UI) is WIP. You can use these commands to enable WIFI and Bluetooth:
- Install connman-test from repo
- run command *test-connman enable bluetooth*
- run command *hciconfig hci0 up*
- run command *test-connman enable wifi*
- Need to reboot after installation of openssh-server to enable ssh server
- Many GUI apps (like dialer) are not shown in the center of screen. You can press the windows key and left mouse button to drag a window into place.
- If, after the first time boot after installation of Wayland on the PC image (Pinetrail based platform), the touch screen input does not work, then kill the ‘weston’ process. The ‘weston’ process will be restarted automatically and then touch screen input should work.
Feedback and support
- Bug reporting
- Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org