IVI/IVI Nov 13, 2012 preview update
The Nov 13, 2012 Tizen IVI preview update is our first stable monthly update based on the recently released Tizen 2.0 Alpha code. This is not an Alpha level IVI release. This preview is a first look at the Tizen 2.0 code running on target Intel IA IVI systems. It primarily contains the Tizen 2.0 code that is common to all Tizen devices.
The most notable new feature for IVI is the inclusion of the Tizen 2.0 Web Runtime. This preview does not include most of the IVI specific services we have been developing such as Automotive Message Broker. We are planning a mid-December release of Tizen IVI 2.0, also known as the "EOY preview". We will add back in many of the missing IVI specific services. Tizen 2.0 Beta will be released near the end 2012, and we will follow up with an IVI version of this currently targeted for February 2013. Then we also plan a mid-March monthly preview and a 2.0 Final release in April 2013.
- Where to find all IVI downloads
- November 13, 2012 preview download
- Installing IVI downloads
- Setup and Configuration of your IVI system
What's new (vs. the previous preview)
- Rebased to Tizen 2.0 Alpha code. Rebasing resulted in some packages having older versions than those included in previous IVI releases. We expect these will be upgraded to newer versions before 2.0 Final.
- Obexd is version 0.46, it was version 0.47 in Sept 18 preview
- ConnMan is version 0.78, it was version 1.3 in Sept 18 preview
- PulseAudio is version 0.9.21, it was version 2.0 in Sept 18 preview
- Tizen 2.0 Web Runtime is included. The Tizen 2.0 Alpha Web Runtime currently only works on X11
- Kernel updated from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5
- Xserver updated from 1.9.3 to 1.12.99 (1.13 RC)
- The E640 (Tunnel Creek) EMGD graphics driver is not working, it has not been upgraded for Xserver 1.13 yet
- Intel GENX graphics driver support is included.
- oFono has been updated from 1.8 to 1.11
- Replaced Sample apps used in Sept 18 preview with Tizen 2.0 Core UX Apps
- Since this is a rebase to Tizen 2.0 some IVI features have not be integrated yet, including:
- Automotive Message Broker
- Murphy resource and audio policy
- HFP Dialer
New 2.0 Core Applications
Tizen 2.0 includes a set of Core application available to all Tizen devices including IVI.
- Browser: An app for user to surf the internet, user is able to browse webpage with image, listen music, watch videos and download data from it.
- Calculator: An app for user to do basic mathematic: add/subtract/multiply/divide operation.
- Calendar: An app of timekeeping that defines the beginning and length and divisions of the year, it supports layout in Yearly/Monthly/Weekly/Daily view, also able to record the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual agenda and dating, and have dating remind setting function.
- Alarm: A clock that wakes sleeper at present time, user is able to create new alarm with setting time, repeat, snooze and tone etc in UI, but has functional blocked issue TIVI-272
- World Clock: Able to know the time all over the world as the same time by it;
- Stopwatch: A timepiece that can be started or stopped for exact timing
- Contacts: An app which have a list of contacts, each of whom will have name, telephone number and address, user is able to create/edit/delete them.
- Gallery: An app for user to browse images and watch videos, but only image player works fine now; for video player, has bug TIVI-330
- Image player: It lists all images saved in local device, user is able to browser them with one by one or slide shown;
- Settings: An app for user to set connectivity settings (such as WiFi/Bluetooth(scan)), system settings (such as Wallper/Display/Date and time and so on), application settings (such as calendar and gallery apps), Bluetooth pair has issue TIVI-307 , and Sound setting has issue TIVI-332
- NexCom NDIS166
Top 10 Known Issues
- TIVI-332 [2.0] Setting application crash while setting Sound volume
- TIVI-330 [2.0] Video player fail to launch from Gallery and command line
- TIVI-329 [2.0] Music player is unable to play any files and exit suddenly
- TIVI-328 [2.0] Clock application hang when setting alarm Type
- TIVI-323 [2.0] Pulseaudio crashes when do A2DP sink operation on IVI device
- TIVI-307 [2.0] Fail to pair BT devices (phone or headset) in UI
- TIVI-304 [2.0] Pulseaudio upgrade to 2.1 to support HFP
- TIVI-278 [2.0] Pulseaduio does not startup with 80% possibility on system bootup
- TIVI-269 [2.0] Failed to launch Music app
- TIVI-254 [2.0] Failed to launch Camera app
UX defaults to Portrait mode
- Tizen IVI 2.0 Alpha boots by default into a portrait mode UI. To change this to Landscape mode:
remove or comment out the line that reads: Option "Rotate" "left"
Feedback and support
- Bug reporting
- Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org