Installing Web Applications on Tizen:Common and Tizen IVI
This tutorial demonstrates how to install HTML5 application, packages as wgt files, on devices with Tizen:Common and other Tizen3 profiles as well as how to run installed HTML5 applications using the Crosswalk web runtime.
- Make sure that SDB is running on the device. For example, execute the following command as root on the device to start it on port <port>:
- Connect to the devices using sdb by executing the following command on a personal computer:
sdb connect <IP of the Tizen device>:<port>
- Verify that the device appears at the list of connected devices:
- Update wgt file to an appropriate directory at the device, for example:
sdb push <wgt file> /home/bob/
- Open a terminal on the device on the behalf of an existing user.
- Install the web application by running the following command:
pkgcmd -i -t wgt -p <wgt file> -q
- Verify that the application has been installed successfully and retrieve its ID:
- Launch the application using its ID:
app_launcher -s <Application ID>
The application can be terminated through the command line with the following command:
app_launcher -k <Application ID>
Replace <package> with the corresponding package name of the application and execute the following command in shell to manually uninstall it:
pkgcmd -u -n <package>
You might be unable to install wgt file due to the following issues:
- The package your installing is using the same id as another package and they conflict. You should uninstall the other package first.
- The icon reference in config.xml does not map to an image file.