On behalf of Tizen tools development team, we are very pleased to announce that new versions of Tizen developer tools [13.07] have been released on tizen.org (http://download.tizen.org/tools/latest-release/), including the following:
- Git Build System (GBS) 0.19 - Image Creator (MIC) 0.22 - bmap-tools 3.0
For naming convention and download folder structure for tools release, refer to http://download.tizen.org/tools/README.txt.
Highlights and Major Enhancements
- GBS 0.19 release
- Remove previous built rpm and srpm if new version has been built out. - Track upstream/pristine-tar branch automatically, as well as using upstream and pristine-tar branch to generate tar ball. - Split out remote build module to separate sub-package: gbs-remotebuild. - Fix the bug below:
Failure of loading project specific gbs.conf when gitdir is specified.
- Update dependencies below:
* Depend on new pristine-tar 1.28, which contains bug fix while creating pristine-tar delta data. * Depend on new librpm-tizen to ignore some spec parser error.
For detailed information, refer to http://download.tizen.org/tools/latest-release/RELEASE_NOTES_GBS.txt.
- MIC 0.22 release
- Refactor msger module to ulitize logging module. - Refine error class module. - Enhance the support for virtualenv. - Add bash and zsh completion support. - Update BmapCreate module to the latest version. - Fix the bugs below:
+ Exit during packing process in Ubuntu. + Failure of loop device alloaction in openSUSE.
For detailed information, refer to http://download.tizen.org/tools/latest-release/RELEASE_NOTES_MIC.txt.
- bmap-tools 3.0 release
- Switch from using SHA1 checksums in the bmap file to using SHA256. - Support OpenPGP (AKA gpg) signatures for the bmap file. - Guarantee the Fiemap module (and thus, bmaptool) to always synchronize the image before scanning it for mapped areas. This is done by using the "FIEMAP_FLAG_SYNC" flag of the FIEMAP ioctl.
For detailed information, refer to http://download.tizen.org/tools/latest-release/RELEASE_NOTES_BMAP-TOOLS.txt.
- Tools installation:
- gbs: https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/git-build-system
- mic: https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/mic-image-creator
- bmap-tools: https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/bmaptool