Tizen Common Project
It provides a common platform for developers and integrators.
The available software is split into several modules:
- Base: The base system, including the usual system tools, connectivity and security
- Wayland subprofile: Base + wayland, weston, crosswalk, Tizen web framework, in a pure wayland environment
- Base-minimal: The core system reduced to its most simple look (no UI, ttys only)
- Development tools: Toolchain, developer tools
- QA tools: The specific QA tools for manual and unmanned tests
NB: it was named 'Tizen:Generic' until end of Q1 2014
|Creating a profile from Tizen:Common||Stéphane Desneux||LinuxCon Europe 2014
Düsseldorf, October 2014
|File:LinuxCon14 TizenCommon 20141015.pdf|
Feature and Bug Tracking
All Features and Bugs for the Tizen Common project are tracked via our Tizen JIRA. More details on this is available in the following wiki pages (inc. workflow):
The Program Management team also maintains a continuously updated Tizen Common Dashboard page.
The actual list of reference devices consists of two subsets:
- Devices for witch OBS builds and publishes images on Tizen.org server
- Other devices used by community:
Images built for Intel platforms (i586 and x86_64) may be used by other SBCs (Single Board Computers) based on Intel processors.
How to install Tizen Common
Detailed instructions for the installer image are available here.
Tizen Common Emulator
You can refer to this wiki page Tizen Common Emulator to launch a Tizen Common Emulator.
The packages and images are built for the following architectures:
- x86_64 (Atom)
The display server is based on Wayland.
The Tizen:Common project is accessible on the public OBS server: Tizen Common Project
The images are published on download.tizen.org
The images are available in RAW format only (no liveusb, but they can still be flashed on USB sticks)
Flashing RAW images on USB stick
Tizen:Common is actively maintained by:
Feedback & contributions are welcome!